||Nine years old|
||San Jose, California, USA|
is our first dachshund. My daughter was convinced we
needed a Weenerdog. It was a critical acquisition in her opinion, and she
drove us all nuts until we went looking for puppies. Of course,
when we saw them, we were hooked. He has great eyebrow spots and he was
very very cute - hard to resist him.
He doesn't go to work every day any more. He is in
semi-retirement. He founded the Company, and that pretty much tired him
out. He does go in occasionally to inspect the place.
As far as tricks or favorite games - he sleeps on
command. Why, all you have to do is say "Sleep" and look around, you'll
most likely find him snoozing. Seriously - he will sit, or go outside and
do his business if you ask him to. This is very handy.
Clams has several auxiliary names - Gummy, Gumball,
Weener, Hank, and a few more. He has a an Orange Latex Football that he
hauls around with him everywhere. He loves to play fetch with it - he will
chase it for hours on end. If there isn't much wind, he can find it
anywhere on a half acre of land without having any idea where it is.
Schnozz power of very high order.
Here are a few facts about Clams:
1. He is the mascot of Pillar Data Systems, a 550 person company in the Data Storage industry.
2. Clams can be seen on Google Satellite images - a 50 foot painting of him on Pillar's San Jose California Headquarters roof. You have to zoom in a bit.
3. Clams is on the The Long and Short of it All blog.
4. Clams is also a www error message.
5. Clams makes a great Cabernet,
6. Clams is gorgeous.